Thursday, October 6, 2011

Beer Desert

As I mentioned in a previous post, I spent about a week in beautiful San Diego. Part of the trip was vacation and the other part was work/nutrition related. While I was still knee-deep in the vacation portion of the trip, I found myself at the hotel pool, parched and in need of refreshment. 

The fellow hotel patrons and I were blessed to have poolside bar service so I motioned for the waitress to come over and inquired about the tasty brews they offer. The reply was: Corona, Bud Light, Miller and Heineken. As I stared at the waitress in open-mouthed horror and surprise, I realized that we (the fellow hotel guests and I) were in the middle of a beer desert

I had to make a choice but really the middle two were not really an option. I mean, I am not in high school anymore. So then that just left Corona or a Heiney. I do dig both but they are never my first choice. So as the impatient waitress stared back at me with her own open-mouthed horror and surprise (as I was taking way too long to make this decision), I gave a nod to our neighbor whose border was less than 10 miles away and chose the sunny Corona. 

It was the perfect way to enjoy the pool, the remaining sunshine and my proximity to Mexico. 

¡Salud!
-The Beer Dietitian

To hear my latest beer musings and what I am drinking, follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment