Monday, October 3, 2011

Beer-Findy Apps

As you all know, I made my recent smartphone upgrade for the sole purpose of finding beer. So on Day #1 of owning my new iPhone, I decided to check out all these apps that people rave about. I searched for beer apps and was presented with quite a few to choose from (12 to be exact). I read each description and tried one of the free ones. Once I was able to get in there (i.e. it was installed and able to be utilized), I found it did not meet my needs. Basically I wanted to be able to ask my iPhone where I could score a good beer no matter where my travels may take me. I didn’t want to enter, sort, rank and categorize all my favorite beers in all the establishments that I find them. I wanted a Beer Concierge. 

And then I found the Find Craft Beer app by Micro Integration Services, Inc (cue angelic-operatic music). It was pricey: coming in at a whole 99 cents (joking) but in light of how much I already threw down for the new phone, data plan, re-upping my contract for 2 years, what did it really matter? I was getting good beer, whenever and wherever I would be. That, my friends, is priceless. 
The app is simple and awesome in its functionality. You type in your location, planned location or allow it to map where you are and it provides a comprehensive list and map of Brew Pubs, Breweries, Beer Bars, Beer Stores or Homebrew Stores with ratings.  I wish I thought of it. 

As Husband will be traveling soon, I am sending him on a beer quest. The Jackalope Brewing Company and Yazoo Brewing Company sound promising. Plus they may have some cute tank tops. 

So if you need a Beer Concierge, check out the Find Craft Beer app and you can buy me a nice cold one to thank me!

¡Salud!
-The Beer Dietitian

To hear my latest beer musings and what I am drinking, follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment