Saturday, October 1, 2011

I Heart Beer Shirts!

When I visit a particularly good brewery, I like to take home a souvenir. This accomplishes several things: it helps me remember the visit, remember the beer and also surround myself with beer-related items, which makes me happy for those times when I cannot enjoy a cold brew. (With my responsibilities and dedication to responsible drinking, this proves to be the majority of my week.)

I do judge a brewery by their beer, their food but also their wares. I particularly love places with slogans that make use of double meanings and cleverly employ the play-on-words concept. Some highlights in my collection include Knotty Barrel’s “I Heart Knotty Pleasures” (my latest addition to the collection) and Great Basin Brewing Company’s “Real Women Drink Real Beer”. Please check out the great schwag that SweetWaterBrewing Company offers for examples of not-so-subtle awesomeness. Unfortunately, the best of what they offer does not come in a ladies tank top. (Beer folks: What better way to help advertise your beer than having ladies trot around in your tank top?)

 I have found that most beer shirts do come in women’s sizes.  I always thank the establishment for carrying these, especially if they have a variety of ladies sizes. Not all beer lovers are men of the XL variety, as you know.  So if you have any great beer shirts with funny sayings, please share them with us! Pics are welcome- just e-mail them to me and I’ll post them. Perhaps I’ll put that brewery on my must-visit list, as I am always in need of a new beer shirt and a good brew!

Cheers!
-The Beer Dietitian


To hear my latest beer musings and what I am drinking, follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment