Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pismo Brewing Company- My New Best Friend


Friendly to the Visitors
After a stint at the beach (braving the wind while trying to get some sun), popping into the Pismo Brewing Company (three blocks from the beach) was a perfect excuse to leave the swirling sands and fading rays. We got there soon after opening to grab a bite and try their tasty brews, and it already featured a good mix of locals, visitors and staff relaxing after their shift (watching a Dodger game but we won’t hold that against them). 

The menu was big enough to keep most happy. BLATs, pastrami sandwiches, soft pretzels and a vegetarian option thrown in there will please most. It certainly was good to us!

Brew Me!
I ordered the tasting menu and it was served with a glass of club soda to cleanse the palate. That is a nice touch for the serious taster. My favorite brews were the IPA and the Bolina Brown Ale. (I ordered a 6 pack made of these two to-go! Who doesn't love a mix-n-match six pack?!)

Gear galore!
I was in heaven! There were 5 girly shirts to choose from with their cool logo. And they had at least the same amount for the men-folk. The men's mechanic-style shirt gave me pause, I almost picked one up for Husband. (It will be a good excuse to go back!) Plus they even had tasting glasses available to purchase which I found are harder to find in my brewery-travels. (Pismo Brewing Company's tasting glasses are made of good-quality glass, not like the flimsy thin glass of a certain NC brewery I shall not name.) Anyways, back to the gear: lots of it, cute options and they even throw in a free keychain with a shirt purchase. I was very pleased to say the least.  Add in the fact that they (even the patrons) were cool to visitors (“Sure you don’t want to try that on there in the back and show us?”), they make a mean root beer float and the brew was excellent, I will make this place a destination from now on! 

Cheers!
-The Beer Dietitian

For more info: http://www.pismobrew.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment