Thursday, April 12, 2012

Solvang Brewing Company-

This place is a trip. We have been reading the Game of Thrones series and even tried our hand at making our own wassail (pronounced “vassal”) so this place was perfect for us! Just check out their labels: they feature windmills, bar wenches, scary soldiers, and castles! AND you could even order their version of a wassail! I have NEVER seen that on a menu! (Faithful readers: if there is a wassail out there in the US that I should try, let me know.)

I, of course, ordered several taster sizes of their beer: I picked the Windmill Wheat Ale (European-style Hefe!), the Danske Amber Ale, Valhalla IPA and the seasonal Black IPA. (I would have ordered more but I am "low volume".) I also tasted the European Bitter Brown that Husband ordered. The Amber Ale was literally the best Amber I have ever tasted, including the Amber that I make myself. I was also blown away by the Valhalla IPA and the Black IPA was a nice treat, as well. (I am telling you, I am in an IPA thang right now.) I didn't realize how long I had been entrenched in the American-style Hefe until I had this Wheat Ale. Loved it! 

And who doesn't love awesome beer, warm pretzels with fondue dipping sauce and a girly logo tank top?! No one, that's who. 

I think I have some unfinished business at the Solvang Brewing Company. I may have to stay in town next time for easier access! Seriously, if they offered the mix-n-match 6 pack thing, I would have left with both hands full.

Proost!
-The Beer Dietitian

 For more info:

http://www.solvangbrewingcompany.com/

To hear my latest beer musings and what I am drinking, follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment