Thursday, April 12, 2012

SLO Brewing Company- SLO is the Way to Go!


Snoop Dogg and Dietitian Approved
We arrived for a quick lunch at this brewhouse in addition to being a live music venue. We sat at the table that featured a Snoop Dogg poster from a past performance and I have to say I was a little bummed to have missed that performance. The food was the yummiest AND healthiest that I have ever seen offered at a brewpub! One of their specials for the day was a corn and quinoa soup (Delish!), fish tacos (full of veggies- Delish, as well)! The Lettuce Wraps were also excellent. Whoever designed the menu knows their way around a nutrition class or two!  

And Onto the Beer
The Tasting Sampler featured a delicious variety but I loved the Honey Blonde and of course, the IPA. I really, really, really loved their Irish Stout. The Nitro IPA was a nice variation, as well. It is cool to taste both the normal IPA and the C02 infused one side-by-side. 

No T-shirt For Me!
I walked out with a girly-sized black zippy hoodie which is a deviation from my usual beer tank/t-shirt. The magical mixing of excellent beer and healthy, delicious and nutritious food made me a believer and proud to rock their gear. Plus, it was raining. I guess the vacation gods can’t give me everything: good beer AND sun. I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

Manuia!
-The Beer Dietitian

For more info: 
http://www.slobrewingco.com/

To hear my latest beer musings and what I am drinking, follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment